The Entry Level Metrologist will learn and follow BIS documented policies and procedures under the supervision of a Certified Level 1, 2, or 3 Metrologist to perform calibration and repair in-house and/or on-site on various measurement and test equipment in the Accoustical, Chemical, Dimensional, Electrical, Microwave/RF, Fluid, Flow, Mechanical, Optical, Thermodynamic, and Time/Frequency disciplines to ensure equipment measurement accuracy.
1. Perform calibration in-house and/or on-site on various measurement and test equipment in one or more of the following disciplines: Accoustical, Chemical, Dimensional, Electrical, Microwave/RF, Fluid, Flow, Mechanical, Optical, Thermodynamic, and Time/Frequency.
2. Diagnose and repair various measurement and test equipment.
3. Perform tasks associated with calibration such as ordering parts, issuing purchase orders, and interacting with customers.
4. Determine whether various measurement and test equipment meet tolerance specifications.
5. Identify out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust equipment to meet tolerance specifications.
6. Determine measurement uncertainty, test uncertainty ratios, and guard banding as part of verification process.
7. Create and issue calibration certificates to customer with aquired data and findings.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Some College and/or Technical Programs (preferable)
3. Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and/or ANSI/NCSL Z540 (preferable)
4. Basic computer skills
5. Proficient in use of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
6. Ability to perform basic math and algebra functions
7. Strong attention to details
1. Sitting for long periods of time
2. Lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance
Please send resume to BroadviewResume@gmail.com in PDF or MS Word format with subject "ENTRY LEVEL METROLOGIST". Please no Agencies or phone calls.